There are many things to consider prior to getting cosmetic surgery of any kind. With so many celebrities trending some amazing results, cosmetic surgery has increased drastically over the past few years. The decision to undergo a procedure of any kind takes time. Thoughts on who to go to, what to do and how to prepare are just the beginning. Here at Refine Cosmetic Clinic we have comprised a list of our top 6 considerations for you.
- Selecting your surgeon: First things first, do your research. Ensuring the surgeon you are selecting for a particular procedure is the correct one for that surgery is vital. Not all surgeons specialize in every procedure, some are known for their Breast Augmentations, while others are known for their Rhinoplasty. It is important to be sure that you pick a surgeon who has had years of experience performing the surgery of your choice and has images and patients to back it up.
- Forget the shame: We are not saying go out there and announce it to the world, but be prepared that friends and family who know you and how you look may notice the change. We are all entitled to do whatever makes us feel better about ourselves!
- Money is not everything: Surgeons that carry on about being the best or that charge an arm and a leg for their services are not always the best surgeon. In saying that cheap surgeries that seem too good to be true, most probably are. Find a clinic that you’re comfortable with regardless of the price. A clinic that cares about you and your results and takes the time to discuss everything with you is a good sign. Knowing a friend or someone else who has been there is always a major plus.
- Consultations: Before you make your decision on whether or not to have a surgery; it is vital to have a consultation with the surgeon. The consultation fee may sound like another expense but it is important to ensure you and the surgeon are on the same page as to what you want and also what can realistically be achieved. Ask lots of questions and make sure to listen carefully!
- Time to heal: Any surgery will have some downtime. Ensure you can allow yourself the adequate downtime that you need to heal post-surgery. Having a friend or partner to help you the first few days may also be necessary.
- There are no magicians: While some surgeries look amazing on certain people, everyone is different. It is important to understand what is realistic and what is not. The doctor you select should provide you with all the pro’s and con’s so you can assess the options.