For a more youthful look and flatter abdominal area call 9389 1049 for a free private consult (normally valued at $300). If you are interested in a tummy tuck our expert team has over 20 years of experience and many before/after photos to view in the clinic. To help clarify what is involved in this surgery we have provided some details below.
Abdominoplasty surgery, or Tummy Tuck surgery, is a plastic surgery procedure that involves the removal of excess fat and skin from the waist area. This procedure will leave the patient with a much flatter abdominal area, giving a more youthful look to the lower body profile.
People who are most likely to be attracted to the outcomes of tummy tuck surgery are those who have issues with their abdominal areas, for example sagging skin, stretched skin or weak abdominal muscles. It is not recommended to have abdominoplasty surgery as a means of weight loss. It is instead suitable for those individuals who have lost a great deal of weight or have had children and now have excess skin around their abdominals which they wish to get rid of.
The steps involved in a common abdominoplasty surgery include:
- An incision is made just above the pubic area and will extend from one hip to the other hip.
- The next incision is made to the navel so that it is no longer attached to the surrounding tissue.
- The abdominal skin is then separated from the abdominal wall. The skin is then lifted to reveal the abdominal muscles.
- To tighten the abdominal muscles they are stitched together in a new position. The skin and fat is then pulled tightly back over the muscles and towards the first incision point.
- A new hole is cut for your navel and stitched.
- Excess tissue is removed and the first incision is stitched closed.
- Tummy tuck surgery is a very popular cosmetic procedure as it enables individuals to reach their goal of having a tight, taut, youthful abdominal area which may not have been achievable through conventional exercise and diet.