Taking time off post-surgery doesn’t have to be mundane and boring. There are some great ways to put your down time at home to good use; I mean, how often do you get time to literally just do NOTHING? While you are at home recovering, we have compiled a list of some great ways to beat the boredom!
- Binge Watch: Now is the best time to take advantage of catching up on all those Netflix, Stan or online shows you have wanted to watch. During the work week commitments often get the better of us and by the time the weekend is here we often spend time out of the house being social with friends and family we haven’t seen. Post-surgery is the perfect time to sit back, sloth around at home and really get into that latest season of Orange is the New Black or Keeping up with the Kardashians!
- Get Creative: Sometimes having time off and being forced to just rest at home means you can make time for things you have never thought of before. Why not start a blog or journal? Do a cross word puzzle online or play scrabble on the iPad to get your mind working. If you really want to be proactive, now is the perfect time to clear out all those annoying old emails or documents on your computer you have always wanted to sort out. Being in recovery means you cannot be over active, so why not get cosy on the couch and open up that laptop for some much needed leisure time.
- Music: Enjoy your time at home by putting on some great music and just relaxing. If you have a garden or balcony, why not sit outside for some fresh air which is always an important part to recovery, hit that Spotify playlist of your choice and zone out.
- Nap: Now is your chance to take advantage of those much loved sleep in’s. We all long for those soft clouds known as pillows when we are run off our feet at work, so if you have to be at home recovering, why not enjoy a sweet siesta.
- Friends: Even though you can’t be up and out rushing around, people can still come and visit you. Give your friends a call and see if they’re free to pop over. You could always arrange a little movie night in, with some snacks and a cosy couch. There is nothing like good company when your post op at home.